Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One of the Best Things About Costco

This year, Leo and I didn't plant nearly as large a garden as we'd planned. I was low on time and Leo had a hand injury, so neither of us got our gardens planted the way we'd planned. Instead, we're relying on farmer's markets and Costco to provide us with our produce this year.
I can't help myself. I love Costco with a deep and abiding passion. In fact, we buy almost everything there - groceries, allergy medicine, cat food, electronics, tires...the list goes on. And one of the best things about Costco is their produce.   

Right now, Costco is teeming with ripe cantaloupe, mangos, kiwis, avocados, grapes, bananas, tomatoes...it's gorgeous. And not long ago, while visiting my sister and brother-in-law, we discovered a new arrival - fresh figs, which are apparently present only for a couple of weeks each summer. Later this summer, we'll enter blueberry season, and when they're in season, Costco's blueberries are sheer heaven.

My first choice is a local farmer's market, but when their prices are a bit too steep for my taste, or they don't have what I'm looking for, Costco can't be beat - the prices are amazing and the quality is surprisingly top-notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment