Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Edison Photos!

I'm getting the feeling that Edison might be a girl. It's at least a possibility. Ideally, I'd pick him/her up and take a peek under the hood, but he's not really comfortable with us yet, so I'd like to wait. Since he's alone in his cage, there's not much to worry about with regard to babies anyway.

Since Edison lives in my office now, I've actually rearranged my desk so his cage is in my line of vision. Edison spends most of the day curled up in his loft, coming down the tube only for snacks. When he comes down the tube, if I turn around and make any noise, he tends to get a little spooked and runs away. With my desk rearranged, I can see when he emerges and I don't have to worry about startling him.

Today I put a bit of peanut butter on a small square of paper towel for him. Edison's favorite food is definitely peanut butter. He also loves sunflower seeds, Cheerios, and Rice Krispies, but not apples, carrots, cucumber,  or lettuce. I put a little peanut butter on one of the antennas of his TV today, which ended up being pretty funny, as he ate it all and then struck this pose (left). I've put a little peanut butter on a couple of the cage rungs above where he's standing in this photo, so he has to stand up and stretch a little to get to it. With any luck, I'll be here when it happens and can snap a photo that just might give me some clues about whether Edison is male or female.

I never imagined I'd have this much fun with Edison, but it's been an absolute joy to watch him. I've been hoping we'd catch his family, if there is one, but so far, the only thing springing the traps is my 19 year-old cat, Kate. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment