Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Simplest Salad

When I met Leo, I loved making big dinner salads with salad dressing. But since living with Leo, I've learned a much simpler way to create a salad. It's light, refreshing, and flavorful.

Ingredients:
Salad greens
Crazy-Good Pan-Seared Shrimp
Lemon juice or vinegar
Olive oil
Pine nuts
Salt

All you have to do here is spread the salad greens out in a bowl or on a plate, sprinkle some lemon juice or vinegar over it, add a little olive oil, throw some pine nuts onto the salad, add a dash of salt, and place your shrimp on top.

It's simple, I'll give you that. But then, many of the recipes I've learned from Leo are incredibly simple, but unquestionably delicious. And this one's no exception. In fact, he made it for me today for lunch and I couldn't have been happier. Sometimes he'll serve it next to a boiled potato, a little avocado, and some mayonnaise on the side, and that's even better. Give it a try - it might be simple, but it's tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment