Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Life of A Bibliophile

I've had a longstanding love affair with books. I haven't stopped reading since I started as a tiny girl. Reading is the one thing I can do anywhere, anytime. I feel safest when I'm surrounded by books, and no matter what question I have, the answer can almost always be found in books.

Whenever I want to try a new hobby, I know I can find a book that will tell me what I need to know. When I want to improve a particular aspect of my life, I can find a dozen books with different strategies. If I need to study any topic in any field of interest...you guessed it. My preferred reference materials are books.

And when it comes to entertainment, well, there's nothing better than reading. As I wrote a few years ago...

I have...
...traveled the world several times over.
...fought in many wars.
...broke hearts and lost loves across the galaxy.
...jumped out of planes and been a spy.
...dined with kings and started with peasants.
...made and lost billions of dollars.
...traveled through time and space.
...lived dozens of fascinating lives.
...laughed with the gods.

Reading - the greatest adventure of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment