Thursday, August 12, 2010

Restaurant Review: Sartori Robatai, Knightsbridge, London, England

Last week I talked about kaiten sushi, or "conveyor belt sushi." This week I'm sharing one of my favorite kaiten sushi restaurants, Sartori Robatai, in Knightsbridge in London. The food at Sartori Robatai is far superior to chain kaiten sushi joints like Yo! Sushi, and I think the pricing is similar. 

But what I love the most is the fun and the adventure of it. The best time to go is right when they open, so the food is freshest. The food comes around as they make it, and you have to decide right then and there if you want it. Take too long to decide, and you risk losing it before it has time to come back to you. Leo and I have had many giggle-filled moments trying to decide if we want something, and then leaping to catch it after it passes.

Another great thing about Sartori Robatai is the service. You might think that a kaiten sushi place wouldn't have great service, because the food is delivered via conveyor belt. But in fact, the service is fantastic. It's virtually impossible to be smothered, though, because the server really only comes when you need her. A little button is embedded in the bar where you eat, and if you need help, you simply press the button and she quickly appears.

The food at Sartori Robatai is absolutely delicious, but the star of the show for me was the plum wine, which is sweet and served over ice. All in all, Sartori Robatai is one of my favorite restaurants, and one of the few places I'll return to again and again.

1 comment:

  1. When people first heard Yo Sushi London were doing conveyor belt sushi I couldn't understand why everyone was so excited. Almost every Sushi/fish place in South Africa has a bar with a conveyor belt serving sushi of a far higher standard than Yo does...

    ReplyDelete