Monday, September 13, 2010

My Love Affair With Airborne

I have loved Airborne for the better part of two decades. Airborne is a dietary supplement that's purported to boost the immune system. It's also, by the way, an excellent entrepreneurial tale.

Airborne was developed in the early 1990s by an elementary school teacher who found herself catching cold after cold and was tired of catching all the bugs her students brought in. So she set about finding a way to boost her immune system to try to protect herself, and Airborne is the result.

Airborne contains Zinc, Ginger, Echinacea and 13 other vitamins, minerals and herbs. The ingredients have all been scientifically shown to boost the immune system.

Airborne rates quite highly in both my winter-stocked medicine cabinet as well as in my travel bags. I drink Airborne whenever I travel and several times throughout the year. Leo's adopted the same policy. We'v enoticed that we tend not to get sick when we follow this protocol, and recently when we traveled to England, I forgot the Airborne, and sure enough, Leo caught a cold and was sick for a few days when we arrived back at home.

I've been in love with Airborne for such a long time, I can't recall the last flu season I spent without it. My favorite flavors are the original orange and the newer lime. Pink grapefruit and berry were never my thing. The great thing about Airborne, though, is that it tastes good. I actually enjoy it, so it's not entirely uncommon to find me sitting in an airport Admiral's Club, reading and enjoying a glass of Airborne in between flights.

I still take my multivitamin (despite my recent post about vitamins, I do still taken them, just in case), but whenever I'm flying or planning to spend any quantity of time in a large group of people, I drop an Airborne into a little cup of water, wait for it to fiz down, and chug it like I'm at a frat party.

No comments:

Post a Comment