Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Favorite Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I'm a huge fan of garlic for many reasons, but the biggest one is that it just tastes good. I love nothing more than throwing a head of garlic in the oven, drizzled with a little oil, and cooking it until it's nice and soft and buttery, then spreading it on some crusty bread with a little butter.

I also love adding garlic to my mashed potatoes. Potatoes seem to need a little garlic, and this is the easiest way I've found to make that happen.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, red, uncooked
4 clobes garlic, peeled
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c. milk or soy milk
salt and pepper

Chop potatoes into chunks. In a large pot, boil potatoes and garlic in water for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are soft and skin begins to fall off (if you don't like the skin in your mashed potatoes, peel them before boiling). Darin and transfer potatoes and garlic into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher, adding butter and milk as needed for consistency and flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I used to roast my garlic in the oven first, but doing it this way saves a ton of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment