Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For The Love of Tea

I've been a lover of tea for years. Red, white, green, black, herbal...I love it all, and I especially like trying all kinds of new teas from around the world.

For a long time, I've had two "go to" tea companies: Yogi Teas, for their tasty and therapeutic teas, and Republic of Tea, for their vast range, tasty mixes, and gorgeous tins, which preserve the tea's freshness for a nice, long time and happen to be easily recycled as decoupaged gift tins for jewelry and other small gifts.

One of my Republic of Tea favorites is a Ginger Peach black tea. This tea, made hot and with a healthy dollup of honey, is my personal comfort tea, because it reminds me of my mom, who introduced it to me. In our last days together, she and I would sit together in the evenings, sipping this tea and talking about life, love, and hope. When I'm missing her the most, this tea makes me feel closer to her. 

But I have a confession to make. I'm about to cheat on RoT. Leo and I happened by a Teavana for the first time recently and I've fallen in love. In particular, I'm enamored with these double-walled teacups we bought. They're amazing. They keep the tea hot longer and you never burn your hand holding your teacup. Plus, they're the perfect size. Amazing! I totally love them.

The other great thing about Teavana stores is that they have loads of samples of their teas available throughout the store, which is really fun and yummy. Note: don't buy a cup of tea to take with you. They're outrageously priced. Period. I mean, like $7 for a cup of tea. Worse than Starbucks. Still, the tea is top-notch and super high-quality, so I can't really complain.

Currently, I'm "not allowed" (my rule) to buy any new tea until I've made space in my overflowing tea cabinet, so I'm drinking tea like crazy. Today alone I started my day with a little RoT Get Lost red tea, followed it up with some RoT Orange Spice green tea, and am just finishing off a little rule-breaker I picked up at Teavana, a Samurai Chai Mate (come on, it was just a couple of ounces and hardly took up any room at all!), before heading back downstairs for a bit of RoT Vanilla Coconut white tea. I'll make it through that cupboard...I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment