Sunday, November 27, 2011

Introducing A New Guest Blogger: Raemie Baroncini

I've decided to do something I have never done before. I have invited a guest blogger to join me here on "Life in Blue Jeans." This is absolutely unprecedented (I haven't even invited a guest blogger on my business blog at Business in Blue Jeans!)

But here's the thing. My stepdaughter, Raemie, who's 12 (or, as she and her dad say, "Twelve-teen"), happens to be quite a talented writer. She's always had a gift for creativity, and I've always thought that her writing was beyond her years. She's already had some of her work published (most recently, the notable poem "Harry the Hamster"), and this morning when we were chatting on the phone, I offered her the very first guest blogger spot on my blog. Less than a half hour later, I had a story in my inbox. I honestly couldn't be more proud. So, without further ado, here's Raemie's first contribution to "Life in Blue Jeans":

Rose
By Raemie Baroncini

The sun beamed down on Rose like a spotlight. She wiped her sweat off her forehead and stared at the gleaming spade in her hand. Due to this she got back and ploughed the field as usual.

She sighed hopelessly and rushed to the next section to plough. Although the sweat formed a puddle around her, Rose did not notice and carried on with work. Rose had been working on the farm for 9 years now and still had not earned enough money to quit the job to have her normal life that she had always dreamt and never had! In addition to this, obviously, her life was about growth, gardening, animals and dirt.

“Hurry up Rose, you’ll have no tea if you don’t work hard enough for it!” belted her boss Mr. Green. 

Rose turned back while wiping both sweat and tears away.

“How much longer do I have to work? Please, can I get the ploughing machine out to quicken things up?” cried little 12 year old Rose. 

She knew if she ran away Mr. Green would always know where she would be hiding. Rose had become sensible over the years and had gained respect that if she was lazy, she wouldn’t even look at food! Despite that fact, she sometimes never even got one meal out of the day!

Rose became lonely as she grew into her teenage years, so she would sing herself the lullabies her mother use to sing her when she had her to hold and cling onto. 

“Ssshh little baby, go beddy bye, mommy’s gunna hold you though the night.”

Rose smiled at the thought of her mother. 

“Rose stop messing about and hurry up I need it done by half past five!” screamed Mr. Green. 


Stay tuned to find out more about Rose and to see more stories from my new guest blogger, Raemie Baroncini!

No comments:

Post a Comment