Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Raw Lemon Avocado Pudding And My Juice Fast

This week I'm doing a light, 3-day juice fast. I thought it would be good for me to detox a little. Leo and I have been working on getting our acts together where our health is concerned and this is a part of that effort. I researched juice fasts and found a fantastic web site called Cooler Cleanse. They offer a very schmancy service where they ship you three or five days worth of fresh juices for your fast. At $57/day, I thought it was a bit steep, so I printed out their 3-day plan and cobbled together my own home-based version at a third of the cost. 

They had a couple of "cheat" recipes on their web site that you can make just in case you get a little desperate. The first was a seriously yummy raw zucchini hummus, and the second was this raw lemon avocado pudding, which I'm posting because I think it's kind of an interesting flavor and worth trying, if you're adventurous and willing to enjoy a few bites before deciding if you like it or not.-it took me about three bites before I could figure out if I liked it, because the flavor combination was so unfamiliar to me. Final verdict: Yum. 

Ingredients:
1/2 avocado
1 lemon
1/2 c pitted dates, chopped
water

Instructions:
Peel the lemon and cut it in half. Remove the seeds. Combine the avocado, lemon, and dates in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If you need water to improve your blending process, add a little at a time, just to get the blender moving.

I used an immersion blender, but I think a food processor might've been a good first step before moving to the immersion blender. I'd post a photo, but honestly, it's not a pretty product. The dates take the bright avocado green to a muddy color. So...be prepared for that.
Blend it long enough and the texture gets really creamy.

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate avocado pudding is FABULOUS too! You can use it for frosting as well.

    ReplyDelete